BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Christmas Ornament Diaster

I went down into the basement today, with plans to pull out my xmas ornaments and start getting ready to decorate. When I grabbed my tote of ornaments, I heard a very startling sound of broken glass. My glass ornaments were broken!!!!!

We spent most of the summer renovating our basement, and totes and boxes had been shuffled around. So, it seems that in the shuffle, our ornaments were victim. I am going to head out to the store, and by a few replacements, however, I will not be able to replace them all till after Christmas, when I can hit the sales. So, being a crafter. I am going to get busy and start making a few of my own ornaments.
I started by making some candy cane covers last night. There were great fun, and really easy to whip up. I used size 10 crochet cotton, and I am going to pick up some Christmas Ribbon from Micheal's to dress them up.

I had also being participating in Crochetville's Snowflake Mondays so I have quite a few beautiful snowflakes in red and white to go in the tree this year as well. I am sure that with a little time and some creativity, I can save the tree from looking so bare.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey those candy canes are beautiful. Come follow my blog Im at wandysuescrohet.blogspot.com,
Thanks in Advance.
wandysue

Treenie said...

Thanks:) I'll be sure you drop by your blog:)